Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thankful Tree

I got the wonderful idea of doing a Thankful tree from Brandy at Adventures of a Flake.
I remember she did one last year and I thought it was a great idea, so this year, we made our own. We used cardboard paper and I went to the library to cut out the leaves (using an old Ellison die cut machine!! LOL).
Everyday, every memeber of our home (including Aislinn on the days she is with us) will write something they are thankful for on a leaf and then we stick it to the wall. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around we will have a beautiful fall tree full of leaves.
I am also starting to incorporate bible lessons into my weekly lesson plans. Since we made our tree today, this weeks verse is:
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. Psalm 118:1
I taught the kids a little jingle with the verse in it so they can learn it and memorize it.
Every week, I will choose a new verse.





3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a Thanksgiving tree. We may just have to do this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I need to do that in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea. I think we may even do a christmas thankful tree too. Its in the works.

    ReplyDelete