Saturday, November 14, 2009

UPDATE on Thankful Tree

This is the progress our Thankful Tree has made so far.
Just in case you can't see the leaves, these are some of the things we are thankful for so far:
  • Family
  • Mom (Aww)
  • Chanel (the dog)
  • Food
  • Light
  • Internet
  • Books
  • Balloons (I give you one guess who that was)
  • Step Stools (lol)
  • Etc.
Update on the Bible Verse:
We are on the same one. They got the verse memorized and they love singing the verse song in the car. I catch them humming the tune of the song all the time! I love it.

This is our beauitful Thankful Tree.

Original Post about our Thankful Tree.


I got the wonderful idea of doing a Thankful tree from Brandy at Adventures of a Flake.

I remember she did one last year and I thought it was a great idea, so this year, we made our own. We used cardboard paper and I went to the library to cut out the leaves (using an old Ellison die cut machine!! LOL).


Everyday, every memeber of our home (including Aislinn on the days she is with us) will write something they are thankful for on a leaf and then we stick it to the wall. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around we will have a beautiful fall tree full of leaves.


I am also starting to incorporate bible lessons into my weekly lesson plans. Since we made our tree today, this weeks verse is:


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. Psalm 118:1


I taught the kids a little jingle with the verse in it so they can learn it and memorize it.

Every week, I will choose a new verse.






No comments:

Post a Comment