Monday, June 8, 2009

Libraries and Architecture....

We headed out to the library today........We went in search of some Kk books for tomorrows playdate with our PALS. Julian struck a pose outside of the library.






On our way home, we were driving past Florida Southern College and from the road I could the see the famous Water Dome in all of it's glory. So I took advantage of this great opportunity to teach Julian about history and architecture.



Florida Southern College holds the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, with very modern and contemporary lines. I asked Julian to point out to me the shapes of the buildings, rectangular, triangular and even the water dome was circular.





I couldn't resist!
What a perfect photo opp!







Then he worked on shape recognition.



























Finally, Jules practied being an "architect" for a day.
And I should point out,
he learned the word architect and says it soooooo cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment